In order to encourage and support the TUMS non-Iranian PhD students and specialty candidates for presenting their research findings in international scientific congresses being held in Iran, the TUMS-IC Vice Dean for Research Affairs provides financial support for students to present their findings in the form of oral or poster presentations as detailed below:
Article 1. Terms and Conditions:
· The student’s name must be listed as the first author in the abstract,
· The name of at least one TUMS faculty member must be in the authors’ list of the
· The article must be written and presented in English,
· The student’s affiliation must be Tehran University of Medical Sciences,
· Student must be enrolled at the time of registering and attending the international congresses,
· Financial support for the abstracts is granted only if the student has attended a congress and presented his/her article there. No support is granted if the student has not attended the congress,
· The amount of financial support for the papers presented in the form of a poster is equivalent to 70% of the total amount of support (in accordance with the rules).
· This financial support is available once during the course of study for each student.
· The relevant academic's confirmation is required for this financial support.
Article 2 . Method of Support
· Submitting the abstract of the article printed in the Proceedings of the congress, and certificate of presentation as a poster or oral presentation.
· In case an article is written jointly by several students, the cost of attending the congress is paid only to the student who is the first author.
· The amount of financial support for attending and presenting in congresses is as follows:
• Note A – International congresses held in Iran: For oral presentations of the abstract, up to 15,000,000 Rials, and for presentations in the form of
a poster, up to 10,500,000 Rials will be provided.
• Note B – Eligible costs include the registration fee for the International Congresses, the cost of staying (outside of Tehran), and the intercity travel cost up to the above mentioned amount.
• Note C – Financial support for the abstracts would be done, provided that the supporting documents are submitted within a maximum of three months after the congress is held.
Article 3 . Confirmation steps
The final approval process of all documents would be done by the TUMS-IC Vice Dean for Research Affairs in cooperation with the TUMS-IC Manager of Development of Resources and Support.